Blog Post Module 14: Reflection Prompt

 How have your perceptions of evolution changed over the past months?

I learned that evolution is more complicated than I originally thought. It is all around us and affects every aspect of our lives. Evolution can be very small or large and the components affecting it range. I can analyze events now and truly understand what might have happened to get us to that spot.

 How have your perceptions of the process of science changed? 

The perceptions of science have changed because with this class, I now really understand how connected everything is. One thing can have a drastic effect on the rest of science. Biology affects chemistry which affects other components as well. And with this, I also know how important it is to get a proper data set that is representative of what you hope to study.

What do you feel have you really learned in this course; what are you taking away beyond the end of the semester?

There are so many things. For one, I now can analyze data better than I ever have. With R, we were able to not only create and understand graphs but also apply their meaning to a centralized idea. I understand many important factors of evolution and can apply the ideas in different settings and situations.

 What have you learned about your strengths and your areas in need of improvement?

For my strengths, I found that I could set up graphs very productively. In addition, I was able to apply ideas from class to the data sets plotted. For areas of improvement, I think I could work on explaining my ideas more concisely and analyzing data further.




Comments

  1. I agree that everything is connected. Evolution is a difficult ever changing concept. I agree that I am able to analyze data better than ever before and RStudio, while I struggled profusely, has greatly benefitted my understanding of certain concepts. I hope you have a great winter break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madison!
    I also had a realization this semester that evolution is much more complicated than I originally thought. That's also a great point that all of science is related in some way, and I did not think this class would tie together so much of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madison,
    I love how you bring up that everything is connected. That is also a big thing I got out of this course. It was very cool to see how each aspect of biology worked together to get to where we are today. And the processes of how we found all this out and how we continue to understand evolutionary biology today! It was great having you in class this semester! Happy Graduation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Module 6: Reflection Prompt

Blog Post Module 10: Reflection Prompt

Blog Post Module 4: Reflection Prompt